March 2, 2011

Rounding Second

I knew yesterday was gonna be a good one, from the moment I woke up.

I didn't say perfect, I have 4 kids people, and a trip to the post office was in order for the day... enough said.

However, overall, yesterday was pretty amazing. Amazing like that feeling of rounding second base because you're third base coaching is yelling and you've just realized you hit a home-run/infield home-run. That moment that you achieved something amazing, but you're not quite done yet and the best part is yet to come.
Photo Thanks to The Baseball Zone

Side note: I love LOVE love baseball.

To start the day off, it was about 4am, and all was quiet on the home front. I tip-toed downstairs to a waiting sewing machine and a great project needing some love. There is nothing like waking up and being able to sew for 2 hours *hopefully* uninterrupted.

New stats on the quilting of the King:

Sashing: All
Blocks: 20 of 25
Block Border: 10 of 25

Man, I am almost done! It's kinda funny how I keep calling it the King though, sometimes I feel like I'm talking about Elvis....

Another great and wonderful thing about yesterday was that I started a new knitting project: Pickles Plain Vest. I have had this post in my bookmarks menu for what feels like forever (said with a Sandlot voice... hehe), and I absolutely love it! Reading all the reviews on Ravelry.com sealed the deal, everyone was so happy that it knit up so fast. In my experience, most things that are knit with 2 strands of yarn go quick. I really like how it's coming along. You can check out my project here: My First Plain Vest. It is a work in progress, and pictures will be coming soon.

Possibly one of the absolute best BEST things that happened yesterday was that my little guy finalized his potty training!!! Oh YEA! I can't even describe accurately how monumental this moment is. It is not that he's taken forever to do it, he's only 3 1/2, but now I only have one kid in diapers. He was almost done about a month ago, but of course he had to get a week long stomach flu, and everything was at a stand-still. I don't think I can ever have more than one child in diapers again, well at least I hope not. We went from having 3 kids in diapers to only 1 in one year. Score.

I think a trip to Target for some more big boy underwear is in order for today. Hopefully they have batman/joker ones, those are on request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...