August 5, 2013

Mini-Tent Success

There have been just a few small sewing projects that I've started and actually completed in the last month. Oh it feels great!!

My little nephew's quilt & bib, a new boxie (that I love), and this mini-tent have all been great distractions to quilting my big projects lately. Is it just me (having 5 kids home) or is it more difficult to have the gumption to quilt in the summer?


I found the pattern while schmoozing Pinterest, well I find a lot that way, but this was a project I just knew I had to make! Feel free to follow me, I pins tons of stuff (I think I have about 77 boards now... uhh yea).

The lovely Kerry at Kid Giddy shared this pattern for the Mini-Tent. So, go check it out and make some! The pattern was super easy, and lots of pictures!


This one was given to a family friend, and both of my older boys asked me at least 3 times if I was making it for them. I'm thinking I already have some Christmas presents figured out! (score!)

The only thing I did differently was that I did not cover the faucet connector with duct tape, I just used nail polish remover to get the ink off, then washed it like 5 times so it wouldn't smell. I liked the look of it without the tape.

And just incase you were wondering, a Build A Bear does fit inside. (not pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...