November 11, 2013

Double Sized Bargello - FINISHED!



This beauty has been mostly done for a little while now, but since it was a gift I just had to wait to post about it. I absolutely love giving a homemade gift!!


I followed the Bargello pattern in the book 'Stash-Buster Quilts' by Lynne Edwards, but did some adjusting. I doubled the width and length of each piece/row in the quilt, so ended up with less blocks and a different final dimension. For my first bargello, I quite like it!


This book is pretty cool, I originally bought it just for the Japanese Folded Patchwork Bag pattern, it's an amazing looking bag (still need to make one).

The top for this was put together when I was on the retreat back in September. It was done in 2 days! A new record! And who doesn't love a good scrappy stripe through the back??


Also, I did the quilting with both red and grey thread, doing the red on the prints with red and the grey on the prints with white/black. I really really like how it turned out, I'm definitely doing it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...