February 1, 2014

Tuileries Dress Pattern Review


Oh HOly Cuteness Batman!

I had the pleasure of sewing up a dress for my #4 cutie pie this last week. Oh, and what a dress it is!


The pattern is the brand new Tuileries Dress Pattern (edited to add link to pattern) by the ever inspiring Kelly at Sewing In No Mans Land.

I am so honored to test out this pattern!!


If you have a little person that is of the dress wearing nature, you need to make this dress.

I choose to add pockets, and I did lengthen the hem just a tad (all my kids are pretty tall).

Best part is: She loves it!


The pattern is great, and the pleats make is simply adorable. I would say it's at a beginner level, and the instructions are easy to follow. The pleats are easier because of where they are located. To whip one up you need to be able to copy a pattern, finish seams, hem, and install a zipper. Seriously, it is that easy.


I chose a very colorful & flow-y fabric for this dress, but definitely plan to make one in a linen, and maybe even a baby corduroy. There will be more of these made for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...