First, I'll share with you a completely unrelated photo that makes me laugh every time I see it. I managed to take 2 photos within seconds of each other that I feel successfully captured the moment. See:
The best part of it you can't even see, he was laughing too!
Ok, now for the post:
How many of you have UFOs?
Seriously, I think I could go on and on with this one... but for time sake lets just say I have a few.
Yesterday I committed/convinced myself to finishing as many of these UFOs this summer as possible.
The way I look at it, they are all things that are cluttering up my, well, my everything. Granted, they are packed away in baskets/boxes so I don't see them out and about, but I feel like they are clouding my thoughts.
- The first quilt I ever started (wish I had a teacher to recommend something other than a larger than twin size pinwheel, yea I was set on it)
- A sashiko sampler I finished that has yet to make itself into a pillow.
- Knitted hat that needs a felt brim on the inside and tassels, yea that's all it needs!
- A king sized granny square quilt
- Little girls Christmas Dress that I started about 2 years ago (everything is cut out)
- Counted Cross Stitch of a Wizard, what was I thinking?? (this one may be permanently abandoned...)
- Lots of clothes to make patterns out of or upcycle to cover stains/tears.
I know I've got to have more, and have simply forgotten about them. But, I'm feeling determined to finish these, and I'm pretty sure that I will come across some others on the way.
Now, I am not considering any of these to be current WIPs (yet), since each of these has been somewhat abandoned.
Maybe, I'm feeling a little guilty for quitting on them... I think it's mostly my recent need to clean and get rid of un-needed things. De-clutter here we come!
What about you? Do you have any crafting goals for this summer?