July 23, 2013

Atlanta Bound with a New Boxie

I'm pretty excited, my husband and I are headed to Atlanta!

Today we're driving to my Dad's to drop off the kids (oh yea!), and tomorrow morning we're flying out. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever been on a plane with my husband, not that that's a big deal or anything, just a thought. (and a run on sentence, geez....)

Either way, I love going new places!!

We're traveling out there because it's Thirty One's National Conference, and it's the first one I'm going to. So very excited! I didn't go last year because I was only with the company for about 2 months and couldn't really justify it at that point. But this year it was almost a MUST!

And, what's a little traveling without some new digs??

I made this beauty to house my knitting project (I can't travel without a project - or 2).


Followed the (No Guts) Boxie Pouch Tutorial, and I loved it! I did make a few adjustments:
1) I used woven interfacing instead of lightweight. I like pouches with a little more umph. 
2) I cut the pieces for the tabs at 1 1/2 inches by 3 inches instead of 1 by 3. I wanted my tabs a little longer.


Did I mention that it's the perfect size for my knitting project!

I absolutely love it, and am most definitely making lots more. My oldest daughter has already made a request (requirement is more like it) that I make her one as well.

Most favorite part of this tutorial is that the inside is completely finished - NO unfinished seams!! The inside is so cute, I'm tempted to turn the whole thing inside out and take a picture.

We pulled these fabrics, they'd make some really cute Boxies don't you think?!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...