August 9, 2010

I've Decided a Few Things

I think I am just not liking the blue varigated thread on my king sized quilt I'm making for my friend's wedding. Err. Time to take it out and start over with the quilting... fun times.

Right now I am working on a charity quilt for Anna Maria Horner's Rainbow Around the Block project. It's quite cute I think. A couple months ago I ordered a 3 pound cotton remnant assortment from Fabric.com, and I managed to get about 7 or 8 fat quarters that were various shades of brown. Now, I'm not too crazy about brown, but I decided to run with it. I actually bought a few more fat quarters to go along with these, and now I'm making them into a Brick Wall quilt. I'll put up the pattern once I've completed it, very simple though.

I also decided this week that I want to start making my own patterns. All too often I buy a pattern for something, spend lots of time cutting it all out and (mostly) following it's instructions (I've been sewing for about 20 years now, so I am pretty familiar with how most things are made). I guess the only reason I do it is because I've been somewhat lazy, or busy/overloaded... who knows. Then the article of clothing doesn't really fit right, and then the person it's made for just complains (no names, you know who you are, wink wink).

So, I ordered a few books this week from Amazon (love love that website). 

Here's what I'm getting:
I got Sew U because sometimes I just have issues with sewing finer knits, lets just stick with "issues". And, I noticed that Dana over at Made had it as one of her favorite books right now, and she's just a genius with knits!!

I promise I've been productive lately, I even did a project with knits that turned out pretty good. I'm just tired of my horrible photos all taken between 3 and 5 am with even more horrible lighting. I'm hoping to take a naptime this week and head outside to take some pics. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...