I am working on 2 quilts for a Church project that will eventually be donated to a local charity.
A very wonderful woman named Mrs. Millie has given me over 35 9-patch blocks and just as many 5 inch square. She is in her 90s, and I would also like to add that if not for her donations I would've been flying solo with this one. She is amazing.
I separated the 9-patches into boy colors and girl colors since we are only doing 2 quilts. I was already given the dimension guidelines, so they're ending up small to me. I rarely do quilts smaller that 50 by 60.
Here are some photos of the boy one I finished up about 2 weeks ago:
Regardless of the mistakes, I really like how it turned out! I also decided to try a new way of quilting with my free-motion foot.
Look at these loops. I'm so excited about it, and I really love the outcome. I was somewhat hesitant, worried I'd be spending some quality time with my seam ripper, but that was not the case. Definitely will be doing this quilting again!
Here's an in progress shot of the girl one:
In this photo, the diagonal rows starting at the upper left are all sewn, but the rows are not sewn together. I plan to add a white border that is the same width as the sashing, and a 3 inch sage-like green border. Still not sure what to put on the back or bind it with, need to look through the donate fabric bits.