January 6, 2012

Sausage and Tortellini Soup

It's no secret that I love soup, I even have an entire Pinterest Board just for soup.

I found a few different recipes for versions of this soup, but really didn't follow any of them. Most of the time I look up recipes to get a ballpark idea of what goes in it; for example the sausage, tomatoes, and noodles in this one. Luckily, this soup was an instant hit with the whole family! I think my husband commented on it over 3 times, and that's quite a lot for him.


Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Turkey Kielbasa
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, un-drained and chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. French onion soup mix (or 1 pack)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 14oz carton beef broth
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. frozen tortellini
- Parmesan cheese


Directions:
Slice sausage and brown in dutch/french oven.

Add all other ingredients except tortellini and cheese. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes.

Add frozen tortellini, raise the temperature and return to a low boil. Boil for 8 minutes or until tortellini is done.

Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.

I served this with warm crescent rolls, but I think I would've preferred some homemade dinner rolls (typical).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...