August 2, 2013

'A Hero is Born'

One of my little brothers is having his first son! AHHH, so exciting!!

I LOVE BABIES!!

Naturally, he would just need a quilt from yours truly *huge grin*.

Thus, 'A Hero is Born' was made!


I liked the block design of the pattern 'At the Crossroads' in April 2010 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine, so I just changed up the sashing and border a bit. I've never made a quilt from a magazine before, but it was pretty fun.

This is summer guys, there is not much designing going on in these parts with quilting, so I was relying on a good, easy, and quick pattern. This one came through for sure!

Here's the back.


I actually bought the print fabric like 4 years ago because it just screamed to me that I needed to make something for this brother out of it (it has fire trucks, helicopters, ambulances, and police cars).

You see, he is a volunteer fire fighter & EMT and I am a very proud big sister! He just so happened to get mixed up with another crazy fire fighter & EMT and fell in love!! (Again, so proud)

Since they are both All-American Heroes in my eyes, I am just going on a hunch here that yet another hero will be born.

His name is Mason. *huge grin, with tears*

Of course, he needed a matching bib!


Through this experience I realized that I LOVE making baby quilts for people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...