August 19, 2013

Mystery Quilt Nightmare

Sadly, I have decided that Mystery Quilts are just not for me.

This cutting of 200 two-inch squares is for the birds.

I feel like I am doing the same exact thing over and over and over and over.

This pattern calls for about 96 - 1 1/2 in half square triangles, and about 100 rectangles with 2 inch squares sewn to both sides.

It's killing me!

I am determined to finish this quilt top this month!! It has, sadly, been my goal for my UFO challenge for the last 3 months. 3 MONTHS! It's like the weird family member that just keeps coming over, in my face. Geez.

This quilt just might get donated or gifted just so I won't have to look at it anymore, for my own sanity's sake.... 


On a good note, I have been using my Featherweight for the piecing. It almost hums when it's sewing. I love it, it's almost endearing. That thing is like a tank too, pretty sturdy stuff. (sorry for the phone picture)

Do you have a Featherweight? What do you love about it? Any books you would recommend I get?

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you have a functioning feather weight! I have one but the motor cord was cut and I'm assuming it would cost a lot to get the whole motor rewired so that it works. One day I'd like to have a functioning one! I do have a treadle machine but the belt on that looks a little worn and I would hate to break it since it was my great grandma's machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also a treadle machine, it's also a Singer, that had it's original table and everything! It even has the oil can and different feet. I bartered 3 lap quilts for it. I am ALL ABOUT bartering!

    I love my little collection of vintage machines!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...