September 2, 2013

Finished the Mystery Top

After having this quilt top as my 'Lovely Year of Finishes' goal for the last 3 months, I am SO happy to say that it's done!!!


There was a border in the pattern, but I really like how it looks now.

I had debated doing a quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) type method and quilting each block before putting them together. Ha! What was I even thinking?! That would've taken this project to the next level of UFO. I mean, seriously??

On the other hand, I would've been able to do a lot more detailed quilting if I did do QAYG. Oh well, I'm sure it will still turn out nicely.


Quilting and binding will be October's goal, I think.

Still gotta figure out this month's goal. I have a couple gifts that need to be made, and my first quilt retreat (AHHH! So excited!). In other words, I'm not sure I'll get to a UFO this month.

What projects do you have lined up for this month?

3 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! You can always try the QAYG later on. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think this was my first quilt done on point. I am so glad this top is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great Lyanna! The fabrics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...