January 24, 2014

A Wonderful Thread Catcher

I've been sewing for only about 22 years now and I've never had a thread catcher.

Say WHAT??

I know, right??

So, since I've been a good little crafter lately, I decided I just needed one. Something about the resident almost 2 year old loving thread piles....


What do you think??

There are only about 30 free tutorials out in internetland of how to make one, but I just loved the Thread Catcher Bag that Rachel Griffith did.

You should make one, you'll love it too!

The outer fabric is a Robert Kaufman print, the lining is a Denise Schmit Free Market Fancy print, and the accent/base was a scrap of something I'm not sure of.

This is a great Attack Your Scraps project since the largest piece is only 6 1/2" by 17 1/2". It also utilizes fusible fleece, which is one of my most favorite products!

What's that in the background you ask? Just a little pattern testing, post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...