May 1, 2009

I-Spy or Name Blocks

First, I will start by telling you where I got this idea: http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/. The lady who's blog this is is simply Amazing! Her name is Ashley- CHECK IT OUT!

So, it was her post about Cloth Baby Blocks where the actual project idea is.

I have lots of fabric for doing the infamous "I-Spy" quilts, did a few fabric swaps in the past... So, I figured, why not use them to make some blocks? Here is what turned out:
These were a gift for a little girl, hence the uber-girly fabric choices :)


For the sides with the embroidery, I cut a piece of muslin the same size as the square and just sewed it as a backing for the pink fabric. I really like how they turned out. Also, I stuffed mine with scraps of cotton fabric (woven, flannel) to give the blocks a little more weight and firmness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...