October 27, 2011

Busy Bee

This morning was one of those lovely morning when I woke up at about 3:30am. Went to the bathroom (being pregnant is wonderful), and then went back to my bed (fell asleep in my littlest boys bed). I tried and tried to fall back asleep, but my mind was anything but tired.

I was creating a mental list of things at 3 something in the am, that's how my brain works sometimes.

What is a mommy to do?

Well, for starters, the smell of fresh bread was in the back of my mind, so here's what was for breakfast today:


This little heel was all that was left of my ham & cheese bread. Next time I'm thinking much more ham & cheese, I'm talking gooey.

I also have quite a UFO list, and an even longer list of projects that I want to get done. Thankfully I was able to cross a total of 4 things off those 2 lists.

The first item being the sashiko sampler that I have been planning on turning into a pillow cover.



I am planning on adding a few buttons to keep the flaps on the back closed up nicely. Other than that she's done. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I didn't want to take away from the sampler, but didn't want a boring back either and I think I nailed it.




In my opinion, one can never have too many pillows. How many pillows do you have on your couch? On your bed? I have an L-shaped couch from IKEA, the Ektorp one I think, and I've got 7 to 9 pillow on it in addition to the cushions. I think there's about 8 pillows on my King-sized bed, and none of them are just decorative. I heart pillows, even have a pinterest board just for pillows. Clearly I need to add some more to it....

The other 3 things were: making a pair of leggings for my Little L from a shirt that was way too short for me, mend a pair of yoga pants for Miss A, and make PJ pants for a little boy who is a good friend of the family. I'll get a photo of this guy in his pants soon, I can bet it will be a good one, he's quite a character!

To top all of this off, I actually put together a post about it and on the same day to boot, with pictures.

Ok, can I go take a nap now??

But first, check out some more of our creative spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...