July 31, 2009

Friday Find: Terracycle Inc.

The summer is always a time to keep hydrated, and I bought some Capri Sun juice pouches for a day trip we took a week ago or so. My 1 1/2 year old doesn't do so great with juice boxes, they become fountains of juice in the car, which really isn't fun to clean up, thus the idea of trying the pouches.
Not only were they successful, and a big hit with the kids, but I noticed something interesting on the box. Thank goodness that companies are aware of their impact, as far as how their products are disposed of after us. They had an advertisement for a website where they sell products made from Capri Sun pouches, Terracycle. They make small bags, bookbags, lunch bags, folders, and even pencil pouch type things, very cute.

Not only can you buy these goodies, but you can have your kids set up a collection for these pouches at their school and earn $.02 per pouch! How cool is that?!?! I actually can't wait for my 6 1/2 year old to start 1st grade so I can help her set one up at her school, if they don't already have one going.

So, check out the site Terracycle.net!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...