September 6, 2010

My "New" Chandelier

When we bought our house, one of the I'd say top 10 things I really didn't like, at all, was the light in our dining room:


Yea, it's ugly. I don't do brass fixtures.

So, trying to not blow our budget last month, and not wanting to invest in a serious make-over by getting a thrifted light, I just went to Home Depot and picked up some spray paint (I could live with a splurge of about $4). I made sure to get the kind that sticks to everything, especially metal, since that's what I was gonna paint (I had no idea there were so many types of spray paint).

Down it came.

I put three coats of paint on it, and made sure it dried really well between coats. I took full advantage of a 100 degree day.

I also decided to use etching cream on the glass things that went over the lights (wow, that was technical... the thingy for the thingy right??).

I am very happy with how it turned out, actually, I think it's quite a nice light now.


The best part is: my husband actually likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...