February 21, 2011

Another AWESOME Weekend

Just incase you didn't read the title of this post, haha, I had an absolutely awesome weekend!!

Friday night I had a Premier Jewelry party, fun fun. I made these pumpkin whoopie pies, so delicious.

Saturday morning I met with a woman who has asked me to make 5 quilts for her! Yea, that's huge for me, like biggest custom order yet. The best part about this is that she had a Singer Treadle sewing machine that she wanted to get rid of. Well, we worked it out, and she sold it to me for $150. How incredibly ROCKIN is that?!?! Here it is:


Isn't it beautiful, ahhh.

Sunday was the perfect wrap up for the weekend. In church, I taught the lesson in Relief Society, the one I was called on Saturday around 3:30pm to teach. Thank goodness for lesson manuals! It was fun to teach, never thought I'd say that, but I am enjoying it the more I do it.

Sunday afternoon my Mom came over to hang out. She and I went to pick the Singer Treadle machine, did I mention that it actually works! Afterwards we played with her blocks for her quilt and set up the layout. Here is the center of the quilt top:


It's pretty hard to see all the prints in this photo, thanks to an overcast-y afternoon. We will be adding a 3 inch white border followed by an border of the snowball blocks. Can't wait to get it finished up! I will definitely be adding some better photos once it's done, I think we may do a little photo shoot. Hahaha, I say that like I'm actually a photographer, but we all know what my photag skills are like .... (sigh)

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. So jealous of your awesome vintage machine score! My grandparents in Kansas have one and my grandma told me I could have it, and then my grandpa got mad, so it lives in Kansas still... with a cd player and a bunch of other stuff stacked on top of it! So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. The woman I got this from said that it was just sitting for so long. She bought it in England about 20 years ago. I love love it!! I have always wanted one since I was very little. The thought of being able to sew without electricity was just too amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...