November 15, 2011

Vintage Navy Print Dress

I love thrift stores.

I haven't been thrift store shopping in ages... well, months really, but it's felt like forever.

Every time I go thrift store shopping I look for a vintage dress for yours truly, EVERY TIME I tell ya.

NEVER have I found one, ever...

until last week. *sigh*


It was almost like love at first sight. I loved it so much, I just had to try it on (something I almost never ever do when thrift store shopping). I know the sleeves are a little short, but that's the price I often pay being 5' 9". I even got a compliment from the girls in my YW/YM Sunday school class, made my day!


It's so great I can even wear it pregnant because of how flow-y and loose it is!


On Sunday, we all went outside so my husband could take a few pictures of me. It's always awkward for me to have pictures taken, always has been. I'm glad he got a few good shots, even though I was having some serious static cling going on... I can never win.

I also took a photo of him in the vest I knitted and finished last year (and yes, I hate ironing clothes thus the wrinkled pants):


What do you think? It took me almost 2 years to finish this vest, I kept putting it aside for other projects. I put it on Ravelry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...