November 16, 2011

Yesterday Was A Good One

First, I want to share with you the best part of yesterday: we got my oldest sons school pictures back.

Now, he's the joker when it comes to photos, and is always the one making faces. Needless to say, my fingers were crossed all day picture day that he would take a nice photo.


I couldn't be happier!!

It was somewhat painful to pay for these photos considering I just got a nice new camera for my birthday, but I am a sucker for school photos. (The color is a little off since I took a photo of a photo)

Another awesome thing about yesterday is that I did little selfish sewing and made a journal cover. I quite like it, I'll put together a tutorial the next time I make one for sure! It went so quick.

Front
Back
Inside flap

This cover came about because I am starting a scripture journal. I found this really really great site called The Redheaded Hostess and her journal is simply amazing! I have never thought of putting one together like this, and I am so so glad I found her site and can be motivated by her spectacular example. I'm a really looking forward to studying each of the topics, I used her outline as a jumping off point especially since this style of studying is new to me. Even if you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you can adjust this outline to topics that fit.

So, naturally I 'needed' a cover for my new journal. I did press it like madness, but after having to flip it to be right sides out those creases just wouldn't come out (starch and all).

Another bonus yesterday was that my oldest son had a half day at school. We headed to get free frosties with our Halloween coupons at Wendy's and then went to the bank to cash in their piggy banks (this is a super exciting thing in these parts...).

Thanks to my kids for a great day!

Our Creative Spaces.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...