March 27, 2013

I love quilting

No really, I love quilting.

I made this today:


Ain't it purty?!?! I'm so very excited with how it turned out!

Thanks to a long nap after lunch from my now one-year-old, (can you believe it?? he's one!!) I was able to knock out the piecing. It's made up of 36 (yes, 36) 2 inch squares.

This block is the center for the last block I am making for my 'log cabin' quilt that I have been working on for quite a while. (messy, messy. I know...)


It's gonna be quite different, and I'm very excited.

Aside from the very first quilt I started and this one, every other quilt I have started or even worked on was for someone else.

To quilt is to share!

But this one, it's mine. mine.

Oh that feels nice to say.

I think it is so amazing that bits and pieces of fabric can turn into something so beautiful and useful. I'm not sure about you, but wouldn't it be great if we could do that with everything!

One of the best things about quilting for me is watching how the seems line up just so. Oh, it just makes my day!

There may just be a postage stamp quilt in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...