June 3, 2013

And, it's a Plus Sign Quilt

That snippet I showed you the other day was a little preview of this beauty:


It was a gift for a good friend back home who is having her first child.

I think I am still in a little shock that I got it done in about 4 weeks, yea that's right 4 weeks!

The backing is super cute, it's Michael Miller's Giraffe Love Grey.


















I even had time to hand stitch the info onto it, wash it and everything. I think I was the queen of having to hand stitch the binding on in the car on the way to whatever shower I was going to, and this would only work if my husband was making the trip with me. lol.


But no, this one got wrapped in a box and everything!

Of course, I had to take a few shots of my baby with it. Maybe I need to make him one now too.


So, even though I only got one of my goals done for May, I feel like I kicked sewing in the butt last month!!


Edited to add:

Quilt Stats:
Size: 56" square
Quilting: about 2" grid offset 1/4" of seams
Total time from start to finish: about 3 weeks
100% cotton fabric, thread, & batting

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful. I am making one using 4 inch squares and 4 x 11 inch rectangles. I am using Moda Marbles and it is turning out nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...