April 27, 2009

My Latest Quilting Venture

With expecting a baby girl, and knowing a few ladies who are also, I decided to make a butterfly quilt! I took such a long time trying to figure out what I wanted to make for our little baby, but haven't fallen in love with ANYTHING for her yet, not fabric, yarn, anything. I can't believe I'm in a project block with this one...

But, this is something I decided to make, just to make, probably to sell, to see if it would spawn any ideas, and I've gotten a few.

I only have the top pieced, and all the layers pinned right now. So, all that's left is to quilt and bind. I think it turned out quite well. I used the pattern "and baby Takes '3'!" by Deirdre K. Brown. All I had to do was pick 3 fabrics, cut squares and rectangles according to the size block, and sew. SOO EASY!!
The block on the front I actually decided to rotate instead of keeping them all the same way. I ended up with somewhat of a heart pattern. Here's a close-up:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...