July 15, 2010

Part 3: Along for the Project- My First King

This summer is just kicking my butt it feels like...

Progress on this quilt feels really s-l-o-w, maybe it's because it's a freakin king-sized quilt. (Please remind me to rethink doing a king next time...).

Does it feel slow cause I'm in the middle of doing my least favorite part?? Uhh, yea. I like making the blocks and quilting it, not so much the in-between, or the hand binding for that matter.


After I finished framing all my blocks with a finished 3" border, I got out my original sketch to figure out what I wanted to do with the sashing.


What do you think? I think I forgot how much I love coloring, and sketching... (I know, my sketch isn't square... just run with me)

I didn't want to do anything typical, like keeping it simple and making all my sashing one color. No, why would I keep a king-size simple???

Anyway, I really like how it's coming along. I have all the horizontal sections of the sashing sewn on, and I'm about 1/2 way through sewing the blocks together vertically. Sorry, forgot to get a picture of that.

Wow, typing it all up makes me feel like I'm making progress, and the pics help a little too.

Off to take my Amish Friendship Bread out of the oven... (I made coconut this time, yum!)

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...