January 13, 2011

Sewing With Mom

I was going to post today about some of my current works in progress (WIPs), but I had a very rare occurance transpire yesterday...

I was sewing with my Mom.

Yea, I know, lame and lame.

But, the last time I sewed with my Mom I was sitting on her lap. Ha ha, I just realized some of you may be picturing a grown woman trying to sit on her mother's lap and manuver fabric through a sewing machine. Not the case. I think I was about 9 the last time I sewed with my Mom, about 18 years ago. Wow, it has been too long.

A few months ago, my Mom decided she wanted to redo her bedroom, again.... *enter sigh*

Chabby chic was the winning design style, and with that, she needed a quilt. Apparently not just any quilt either.

What was she to do? My Mom doesn't quilt, and has never learned to.

So, I told her I would be happy to show her. This turned into me simple telling her what to do and showing her things I had already put together (current WIP) so she had a visual.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up my oldest, and we all went to Oma's house (my Mom's). The bigger kids got to go out and play in the snow, and my Mom and I got to take over the dining room table and sew sew sew.


I can't even tell you how wonderful it felt to sew with her, chatting away the whole time. The kids played nicely, and it felt like it was meant to be.

My Mom even told me "I am really not as bad at this as I thought. I quite enjoy it, even the ironing part." (She knew that I didn't care for that aspect as much).


We only sewed for about an hour and a half, but it was well worth it!

Love you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's so fun! I love crafting with my mom - its one of the few things we can agree on consistently. She is so talented, I love learning things from her and sharing my "interesting" style with her as well :)

    I hate ironing too! That is my least favorite thing about quilting. My husband doesn't mind helping if he gets to play with the rotary cutter but def. has no interest to help me iron haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...